Tuesday, May 1, 2018

#MealPlanTuesday: April 28 - May 4 & needing more routines

It's #MealPlanTuesday because life happens! ;)


Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken
Hambuger Helper (Lasagna)
Savory waffles
Frozen leftover casserole

With my new meal planning template, I'm finding myself making more tweaks as I get ready to make my grocery list.  It's not a bad thing either because things come up especially when you meal plan a month at a time.  For example, two nights this week, my husband won't be home for dinner.  That means, less leftovers being eaten, and frankly less time to prepare dinner with my two year old running all around me.  "Up, up".  "Wanna see it".  And as capable I have become at doing everything one handed, sometimes it's not an option with cooking, especially with a hot stove.

Nice weather has started gracing us and I'm starting to want some really fresh and cool meals as opposed to hearty, meaty meals.  I made a Caprese Pasta Salad to bring to work as a snack.  It felt like a healthy option - perhaps not the best option for losing weight since it does have carbs but it's a step in the right direction.  Maybe next week I can make a quinoa salad of some sort and have some sliced veggies and fruits ready to go - and not just for Sami.  I slice fruit up for her every morning and I'd be doing myself a service if I sliced everything up on the weekend, but somehow I never get to it.

I blame having a two year old.  I guess I blame a lot on having a two year old.  I keep hearing that 3 is a turning point.  Don't get me wrong, I love my girl, and she's absolutely amazing.  She's a sunshine in my every day.  But I still feel like I don't have enough time in a day.

All in all, I think it's just about establishing new routines so that it becomes second nature and doesn't feel like it's time consuming.  I've basically gained an hour every weekend by picking up my groceries instead of doing all the shopping myself... so where did that hour go?  I wish I knew the answer.

Plan for this week - make my meal plan for May while my husband is out since doing it over lunch will be too much of a challenge this week.
Plan out some meal planning strategies for the weekend - possibly:

  • Slice up fruits and veggies on Saturday
  • Complete the rest of meal prep on Sunday 
  • Make a salad/veggie dip for the week (healthy snacks) on Sunday

Do you have routines and strategies that you try to abide to every weekend when it comes to meal prepping?

Love me some Spring weather!

Loving the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...