Tuesday, May 8, 2018

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing about attending a birthday party for one of Sami's friends.  Sami calls her her "best friend" which is absolutely so cute.  These little girls hug when they see eachother - it's sweetness overload every time!

The party was fantastic.  Breakfast foods because most kids eat breakfast (kudos Julia/Jeremy).  The cake was super cute - a round cake to make a troll's face with cupcakes for the ears and the hair.  It was really creative and well done.  The kids had fun running around and playing together.  I was proud of Sami for sharing, which isn't always her strong suit.  Sami had a blast running around, going up and down the stairs, and she just had a ball.  I tried my best to not hover over her - my best effort yet! ;)

Saturday:

Saturday was pretty uneventful.  I did some organizing - tossing things we weren't using, placing like things together and removing it from areas they were cluttering.

I also filled up a photo album (600 photos).  I'd purchased pictures from my phone and camera through Shutterfly when there was a really good deal, and sat down as I caught up on General Hospital and just filled it up.  It goes from Sami's birth to just after her first birthday.

Now I need to work on ordering the next batch, and another album.  I'll be on the lookout for good deals on Shutterfly again!

Sunday:

I cleaned out the fridge including taking out the shelves to wash them.  I guess the spring weather is bringing in that feeling of needing to do some spring cleaning.  It looks a lot better now.

Exciting weekend right?

Monday-Friday:

On Monday Annual check-up with my gastroenterologist.  We decided that we'd check my blood work at my next Remicade treatment (end of the month) and from there decide if we need to adjust my dose or if further tests would be a good idea.

I've been feeling good overall, but if I was to compare how the last 3-4 months have been compared to the last 3-4 years, I'd say the last 3-4 years I've been a 9, and now I'm an 8, or maybe a 7.5 at times.  I get pain a little more often.  My legs have been itchy lately and seem to coincide with when my treatments are due but it could just be a coincidence because it's been a really dry Winter and Spring.  I'm not worried, but I rather catch it on the front end if something is starting up.

The week was pretty uneventful.  It was busy at work.  I started re-watching an old season of Survivor on Hulu (Pearl Islands season).


As for life with my toddler; we've had excursions to the park, and she's discovered that she can remove and stick gel clings on the patio door.  That's been a great source of entertainment, although they are starting to have seen better days and most have gone to the trash due to tears.  Potty training continues to go at the same pace - just need her to start telling us when she needs to go.  Her vocabulary and sentence structure continues to grow leaps and bounds.  She's starting to know numbers by sight.  And she's a toddler, so she easily reaches tantrum mode when something doesn't go her way, or doesn't get what she wants.

Still, she's the sweetest in my eyes, and I love her dearly.  She's a blast to be around when not in tantrum mode. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...