Monday, December 4, 2017

Advent Calendar for a 2 year old

My husband got me a lovely advent calendar for Christmas the year we had Sami.  A tradition for me and Sami to have for years to follow.  She was a week old at the time, and the prospect of filling it in the years to come was wonderful.

But let me tell you, finding things that fit in those little doors for a one year old, and a now a almost two year old, is not the easiest of tasks!  While she doesn't put everything in her mouth anymore, somethings still do end up in her mouth, especially if she's teething.  I have to be mindful of that when getting things for the calendar.

I had that hardest time last year figuring out what to do.  This year was still a challenge but it was definitely easier.  Since I had such a hard time finding things to put in the calendar, I thought I'd share in the event others have similar calendars and are having trouble coming up with ideas:


Day 1 = Minnie Mouse slippers - one barely fit as you can see above. I hid the other one and gave it to her after she got the first one out.

Day 2 = Window gel clings - Christmas/Winter decorations - these definitely won't fit, so I wrote a little note a la scavenger hunt "Go look on the patio window".  I decorated it on Friday morning so that after we read her the note, she'll be all surprised.  She loves those types of decorations.

Day 3 = A Donald Duck "Fisher Price Little People" toy.  She has Mickey's house with a Mickey Mouse and Minnie, but I thought she might like getting some of the other characters.

Day 4 = Mini stuffed Nemo (which didn't quite fit in and she's been able to see it and kept wanting it.  This is definitely teaching her patience.

Day 5 = Expanding towel - I got this at Target in the $1-$5 section.  It's a small cylinder right now and apparently it becomes a towel if you add water.... stay tuned...

Day 6 = Minnie Mouse ornament - since she's been soooo into Mickey and Minnie this year (I may have to switch this item to a different day if our tree isn't up - we get a real tree every year and are getting it this week.

Day 7 = Duck & Goose Christmas book - I love these books and so does she.  I can read the same one to her over and over again... a new one will be nice, lol.

Day 8 = Bows for her hair.

Day 9 = Squishy baseball.

Day 10 = Daisy Duck "Fisher Price Little People" toy.

Day 11 = Spoon & Fork (plastic handle, metal spoon & fork part - with of course Minnie Mouse on them.

Day 12 = Find it fast flash cards - We discovered she loves flash cards while in Hawaii.  These have 4-5 Christmas themed items on them and you're supposed to name them and see if she can find them fast.

Day 13 = Elmo books.

Day 14 = Goofy "Fisher Price Little People" toy.  He's wearing a chef's hat for some reason.

Day 15 = Disney "Tsum Tsum" Mystery Toy.  Hopefully it's something she can play with, but it may be too small for her... I'll have to monitor and see...

Day 16 = Hawaiian flower barrettes.

Day 17 = Minnie Mouse dress (it's her birthday, so she gets something special this day).

Day 18 = Hello Kitty luggage tag.  I'll be putting it on her school bag that she takes to daycare.

Day 19 = Mickey Mouse ornament.  Last year, I got a rainbow ornament for Preston.  I figured this year we'd get him a Mickey Mouse ornament since Sami got a Minnie Mouse one.  I plan to have Preston's new ornament in the 19 box each year.

Day 20 = Another Disney "Tsum Tsum" Mystery Toy.

Day 21 = Stuffed mini Hello Kitty (similar to the mini Nemo).

Day 22 = New pair of pajamas for everyone.  We put them on that night, go get some hot chocolate &  drive around the neighborhood to see the lights everyone has put up.  She loves seeing the lights on the way home from daycare so far, so I'm guessing she'll love this!  Which makes me excited, because I love it too.

Day 23 = Coloring book, stickers & Mickey "Fisher Price Little People" toy.  Like Goofy, Mickey is a chef...

Day 24 = Minnie Mouse Robe.  It's Christmas Eve, so she gets a special something on this day too.


I think I wrote down somewhere what I had in her calendar last year.  If I can find it, I will share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...