Friday, April 20, 2018

My 5am-9pm: April 7-13 & Mickey Mouse

I haven't been blogging as much as I would like.  It's been another week with a slew of appointments which means short lunches, which means less time to write.

Here's a recap of last week:

Saturday

It's become the norm - we go to the pool and later in the day, we go to the park.  On Saturday, I picked up Click List from King Soopers for the first time.  I wrote a bit about it last week's recap but really I'm hooked.  An hour, at least, of time back to me.  Totally worth it the $5 that it will eventually cost me.  I think it's also going to solve my issue of overspending because I know how much it's going to cost me prior to my coupons being deducted.  And if I'm over budget, something's gotta go!

Sunday

On Sunday we ventured to BabiesRUs.  I'm so saddened that they are going out of business alongside ToysRUs.  I have so many fond memories of ToysRUs as a child, and BabiesRUs is where I got the majority of what I needed for Preston and Samantha.  It was a great one stop shop for babies.  The staff was always helpful.  So sad :(

I thought we might find a good deal on some items, but the going out of business sales weren't as good as I'd imagined they would be.  We then went to the mall and bought Sami some new shoes.  And then we took a trip to the park.  However, Sami missed a nap this day and was a little cranky.

My Facebook feed last week reminded me that we bought Sami's first Mickey a year ago.  It's been one year of Sami loving Mickey.  She can't get enough.  Like seriously....  There's a character on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse called Martian Mickey.  It's basically Mickey but he's green and lives on Mars.  Every day, she asks to watch "Martian Mickey, two Mickeys".  There's only 3 or 4 episodes with Martian Mickey and let me tell you, we adults are getting a little tired of Martian Mickey... but the joy it brings her...

Monday-Friday

I really need to start jotting down notes during my week.  I did it one week and it was so helpful.  We played poker on Friday night, and Sami's grandparents came over to watch her so we could go out.  I finished 4th, which isn't bad but not great.  The cards are certainly not smiling for me this year ;)

I don't have much to add this week.  I will go back to the drawing board and start planning my blogs better again.  I was doing good for a while...

Have a nice weekend!


Mickey's early days....





2 comments:

  1. For us in Montreal, it doesn’t seem like a year already, but when we think back about our trip to Castle Rock in May of last year, it makes sense. Time flies...

    We will all be thinking of the three of you tomorrow at a Pizzareria, torrorrow aroud 4;00PM.

    We all wish you three an good week-end and a some fun-time with Sami. Tell her that we all miss her and her parents and that we send our love and hugs. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does fly - oddly too. It feels like Mickey has been part of our lives forever, and yet again, for less than a year.

      I hope you are able to reschedule the Pizzeria dinner soon and that everyone will be feeling well :)

      Sending you guys love too. xxx

      Delete

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...