Monday, April 16, 2018

#MealPlanMonday: April 14-20 & Contribution

I can't fathom that it's already mid-April.  Where is the time going?  Down a sinkhole, it just has to be! Am I right??








So far I'm liking my new meal planning template.  I don't feel so tied down to trying to get a dish done on a specific day.  My template made it easy to make a last minute edit for my meal plane.  My husband asked for Chicago Dogs for Saturday when his parents were going to be over.  I switched out what I was planning for my "cheap" meal and voila!  I was able to get it done before ordering my groceries - even better.

I received my second Blue Apron order on Saturday.  I'm super excited to try this again.  Hopefully the experience is just as enjoyable as it was the first time.  I wrote "N/A" for the cost per serving because I'm still riding the gift card and credits I received.  #ThatRideIsAboutToEnd

Meals for this week:

Oregano Chicken & Creamy Mashed Potatoes - Blue Apron
Mexican Beef & Rice Casserole with Tortilla Strips - Blue Apron
Spicy Fusilli Pasta & Broccoli with Mascarpone - Blue Apron
Pizza - homemade for the 19th
Chicago Hot Dogs

Anything sounds appetizing to you?  Scroll down to vote on the best Chicago dog!


I've stated before that I'm a terrible housekeeper.  As hard as I try, or think I try - things get cluttered so quickly and it drives me insane.  I don't know where to begin to get it straightened out.  Doing a good job with the meal planning, prepping, groceries and cooking, makes me feel like I'm offering valuable contributions to the family.  I'm not always home so there are many things that I don't get around to doing consistently.

The meal planning and everything involved all the way to the cooking of the meal, gives me purpose.  Trying to find ways to make it even better and streamlining the process, and succeeding makes me feel so valuable.  And I know that I am valued, but it's also nice to feel valuable without being told.  I often feel like I need to be validated, but I'm starting to figure out that I can validate myself. #SayWhat

Long story short, when you are out of the house or basically otherwise occupied for 16 hours out of every day not including sleep, it's hard to find time to contribute and feel valuable.  There's only so much time to do chores and it's important to also find some me time.  I've heard some pod-casters state that you always have time, you just choose to use it a certain way.  To which I respond - sorry when you have very young children, you don't have a choice but to take care of them.  And by 9-10pm, you are wiped out - it's not time to declutter your junk drawer.  We all need balance so choosing 30 minutes of TV over decluttering when you're brain is fried from a tough day, is not much of a choice, if you ask me.  It's a need.

What you do to contribute outside of work, which work is already a huge and valuable contribution - it is valuable.  Whether it be the laundry, or dusting once a week/month.  Do what you can.  Control what you can.  The rest, it'll fall into place at some point -like when your kids get older ;)

I noticed this weekend that Sami is starting to have more independent play sessions.  She does however often come grab my finger and state "come with me Mama" because she wants me to play with her.  And I feel no guilt doing it.  I love spending time with her and I cherish those moments.

These independent play session are going to be my opening for de-cluttering.  I think my next goal is to build a list of things that need to be de-cluttered and then do them in order.  When I get to the bottom of the list, go back to the top and do it all over again until it becomes routine and doesn't feel so unmanageable.  You have to start somewhere and right now, I'm a deer in headlights not knowing where to start, so I'm just going to pick something and go! Stay tuned...

Which Chicago dog looks best to you?? Pink, red, yellow or orange plate?






My Blue Apron box - I'll try to take pictures of the meals and items as I'm making them this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...