Friday, April 13, 2018

My 5am-9pm & seeing the light

Saturday

On Saturday, aside from the usual trip to the pool, we went to the park for an Easter Egg Hunt.  I use the work Hunt very loosely because it was basically a field of plastic eggs ready for the grabbing as soon as the organizers said "go".  Different sections of the park were for different age groups so that the littles didn't get trampled by older kids.

Sami had a good time and was really excited to show me when she first got one.  I had to remind her to put it in her bucket and keep filling it.  She filled her bucket in no time.

Since this event occurred basically at naptime, we didn't stay too long for the other festivities but I did take her on a little train that went around the basketball court.  She loved it and waived to everyone.  She's a little socialite this one.

We walked home, with her in her little umbrella stroller and she fell asleep as we were exiting the parking lot - all the while holding on to her bucket with her dear life.  She didn't let one drop the whole way home.

Sunday

Saturday night I had hidden Sami's Easter basket and some Easter Eggs for her to find on the main floor of the house.  I hid her basket in her favorite hiding spot which I thought she would go for right away.  The Easter basket and eggs must have put a foil into her hide-and-go-seek thoughts because she didn't even look in the pantry until we prompted her.

She found all her eggs and had a jolly good time.

Later that morning, we went to Nan's house, which is my husband's parents house.  Nan is the name Brett's mom wanted since that's the name her mother had.  His dad is PopPop to Sami.  They currently live in the mountains and we have to go up a winding pass to get there.  She seemed to have fun as we were zigzagging into the mountains, but when we got to the top - she got sick.  It was everywhere and of course that was the day I forgot the wipes on the kitchen counter...

Luckily we were about 15-20 minutes away by then.  When we got there, we got all her clothes, and our sweaters and whatever clothes of ours needed to be washed into the washing machine and Sami got into a nice bath that PopPop was already getting ready.

This isn't the first time Sami is sick in the car.  It's happened a couple other times, and only after really winding roads... I want to say that means it's motion sickness... but it could also be altitude sickness...  I just don't know for sure.  I'm leaning toward motion sickness because she wasn't sick when we've been on a plane.

Once the whole cleaning up ordeal was done with, we had fun hunting for Easter baskets, and munching on snacks and then Sami and her cousin went hunting for eggs outside.  This time they were actually hidden, unlike at the park.

Monday-Friday

On Monday during dinner, which she was being very fussy about, Sami said one of the funniest things she's said to date.  She was just soooo literal!  She was under the table as I was trying to get her to take a couple more bites and had let her down since being in the chair was causing all kinds of tantrums.  She uttered: "Mama, where's your face?".  Hubby and I both thought it was hilarious.. and it's probably mostly because she's our kid.  I know she was trying to say something along the lines of look at me but man... that was a good one!

On Thursday, I finally took the advice of several friends.  I ordered my groceries online for pick-up.  And you know what?  It was as fabulous as they raved about.  I picked up my groceries this past Saturday and I saved a whole hour if not more of time.  Plus, I wasn't tempted to buy things because I was shopping while hungry which inevitably happens every time.  Thank you friends for the suggestion, and thank you Kassy for finally getting me to see the light!

Friday was opening day for the Rockies.  I've been to one and it's definitely fun and exciting but I don't feel like it's something I want to do every year.  And especially not this year because it snowed.  The snow starting falling downtown around 10ish and I want to say it stopped just before 2:00 and first pitch was scheduled for 2:10.  I'm certainly glad they didn't reschedule because I had several co-workers that attended but I was happy the game was delayed by an hour because that meant that I wouldn't be dealing with the additional traffic come quittin' time ;)

I feel for those who spent a pretty penny to attend such a lousy day to call opening day.  The Rockies on top of everything.  I just can't imagine being at a baseball game when it's not at least 65 degrees outside.  I will watch from the comfort of my living room, thank you very much!

Hope you all enjoyed family time for Easter.  Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...