Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My 5am-9pm: Is cold & flu season over yet?

Saturday

We had our usual Saturday morning ritual of going to the pool.  I'm happy to report that there was no meltdown about going underwater.  I know she wasn't crazy about it, but she did good.  We then went to Michaels, the art supplies & crafting store.  As I mentioned last week, I realized Sami was ready for some crafting projects and I had thought up a good one.  A felt mat and felt shapes that she can place on the mat and re-arrange as she pleases.

I found mats, but I did not find shapes.  However, I found felt like stickers in the same aisle and decided to give them a go.  I bought stars and a couple sets of animal.  When she wants to play with this craft, she now calls it play with stars?.

She had a lot of fun, and continues to want to play with it almost every night.  We don't, but I try to let her indulge a couple nights a week.  She loves sorting the same color stars together and the same animals next to each other.

Here's what we bought for the project:

Blue felt "mat"
Yellow felt "mat"
Sea creature stickers
Jungle animal stickers
Forest animal stickers






And of course, we had lots of fun sticking stickers not on the mat. :)

Sunday

On Sunday we played with the felt again because Sami could just not get enough.  I'm hopeful that once the stickiness of the stickers wears off, that it'll be what I originally thought up, and will continue to work.  If not, I guess I'll buy more stickers, or I might try this kit I found on Amazon

After naptime, we went to the park where Sami had so much fun.  However, she did get a little tired and took a tumble when we went for a walk/run.  I saw it happen before it happened, and luckily she didn't fall on the cement path, but still - it was not my favorite moment :(.  We went straight home.

In Sami's own words about playing at the park: This is fun.



Monday-Friday

Is the cold and flu season just about over?  Knock on wood, I finally feel like I haven't been fighting something, or had something for about a month.  Sami was going on a couple weeks, but developed the sniffles early in the week which affected her sleep.  Maybe she was fighting it last week and that's what was going on and it wasn't sleep regression?  After 3 nights of not sleeping great, she seems to have gotten back into her normal sleeping through the night routine.  Knock on wood again.

Tuesday's car ride home from daycare was interesting.  Frustrating? Made me sad?  Was obnoxiously annoying?  

Wanna go to park.  Wanna go to park.  Wanna park.  Wanna go to park.

For the whole.ten.minute.car.ride.home.

She went from being excited, to being sad, to having the most pathetic request in the world for wanting to go to the park.  I felt bad.  It was cold out, and by the time we got home it would be starting to get dark.  And we had to have dinner.  I might have to figure out something for spring and summer - maybe we can squeeze going to the park for 15-30 minutes twice a week.  She has so much fun.  But she was driving me crazy with her non-stop request.  I laugh about it now.

On Wednesday, I had to work late.  I asked my husband if he'd get dinner ready (baked chicken).  He said that my meal prep made it so easy.  #MamaWin

On Thursday, I had my Remicade treatment - biological drug treatment to keep Crohn's disease in remission.  I didn't feel exhausted afterward which was a plus.  This is a good thing because I had to work late on Friday too and then we had to deal with daylight savings time this past weekend.  Somehow that hit me harder than my Remicade.  Weird... This getting older thing in no joke...

Wishing you a wonderful week without runny noses!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...