Monday, January 22, 2018

December 2017 Meal Plan

Here's the meal plan I had for December.  As with November, things didn't really all go as planned.  Some meals I made in a different week than planned, others I didn't make at all.


I still want to share it in its original format with the recipes I planned to use.  I'll comment whether I've made it or not.

December 2017 Meal Plan



Meals (with links to recipes if available)

Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
  • This was delicious.  I'll definitely be making it again.  Not a lot of clean-up either since it's all on the same sheet pan.
  • Bonus, if I can meal prep by chopping veggies on the weekend, this would be an easy weeknight dinner.
Crockpot Pepper Steak
  • My husband enjoyed this more than I did.  I have another recipe that I love but that my husband finds too salty.  Maybe I can find a happy medium in blending the two.
  • This was a little time consuming because the meat had to be sliced into strips, which thankfully my husband helped me with - saved a lot of time.  Again, if meal prep was done on a different day, could be a nice weeknight dinner that you put in the slow-cooker that morning.
Greek chicken gyros with Tzaziki

  • Didn't get to making this.

Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo

  • I'm not a big Fettuccine Alfredo girl, but this was pretty tasty and easy.  However, for a small family, I'd suggest cutting the recipe in half.

Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan Salad

  • Didn't get to making this.  I'm not getting to a lot of my steak dinners... I've planned them for Fridays, but we often end up with plans on Fridays or we're too tired...

Parm & herb chicken tenders
Crock-pot Nacho Chicken

  • It was super easy, 3 ingredients.. but it was a little bland, wasn't my favorite.

Beef and Broccoli Bowl

  • I ended up making these in January.  They were really good.  
  • The meal prep took me a long time, so I wasn't a fan of it as a weeknight meal, but if I can figure out meal prep on the weekend... ta-da!
Chili Mac Casserole

  • This was relatively easy to make on a weeknight.  I didn't use beans (I don't like them) and I used tomato sauce instead of diced tomatoes. I'd make it again, it was tasty and simple.

Best Ever Meatloaf

  • This meal keeps getting pushed out of my meal plan even if I'm looking forward to trying it... It got pushed in January too :(

Spicy chicken sweet potato meal prep magic
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon

  • This also got pushed, looking forward to trying it.


Penne a la vodka

Pizza

  • I think we ordered Dominos.  It was only ok.  I need to go back to making my own :)


Sloppie Joes in Peppers
  • See November 2017 Meal Plan

Lemon Pepper Chicken

  • I made this in January.  The flavor was really nice and subtle, but still present.  The quality of the chicken I got was sub-par, so I'll need to get better chicken for this recipe next time.

One-Pan Broccoli-Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese

  • Here's another recipe I keep pushing off and that I'm really looking forward to trying... I'm hoping that Sami might eat some broccoli this way?  Here's to hoping


Flank steak with watermelon salad

  • As I stated earlier, I seem to keep pushing my Friday steak recipes due to other plans... I will try it one day!!!


I'd love to hear your feedback on these if you end up trying them.  I'm hoping that I do better in January than I've done in December and January.  Granted December was so incredibly busy, and I was sick for part of December & January... but enough excuses right?? If I can just figure out when to get some meal prep done - and plan it... I think this will go a lot smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...