Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Meal prep

So I'm still really enjoying my meal planning strategy.  I think it's saving me time and money, and I don't really have the thought of "what's for dinner" anymore, but some recipes just are so time consuming and I feel like I'm not getting as much quality time with my husband and daughter on weeknights....

What I need is to figure out meal prep.  I do groceries on Saturday, so I need to find a slot of time on Sunday to meal prep what I can.  I'm thinking I'll plan what I can meal prep this week for next week during a lunch hour.

One lunch-hour = shopping list
Another lunch-hour = meal prep list

Does anyone have any good meal prep strategies?

My thoughts are that I could

  • Prep any vegetables by chopping them ahead of time and placing them in tupperware marked with the meal they are for.
  • Pre-cook any pasta I'll need
  • Pre-cook meat if it won't ruin the meal
  • Gather all dry-ingredients in a tupperware (assuming they are added at the same time in a recipe) and mark them with the meal they are for.
Like with everything, I just need to make time for it.  Hopefully I can do it for a few weeks, and if I can see how helpful it is, it will help motivate me to do it every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...