Monday, March 19, 2018

#MealPlanMonday: March 17-23 & Meal Delivery Kits

Happy Monday to all :)

I'm rather excited for this week to try Blue Apron!  Below is my meal calendar for March.



On the menu this week:
  • Blue Apron - Beef & Mushroom Stew with roasted potatoes
  • Blue Apron - Pan-Fried Chicken Breast with sweet & tangy zucchini
  • Blue Apron - Quick Bucatini with Broccoli & Pecorino Cheese
  • Mac & Cheese with hot dogs
On Saturday, we had friends over for dinner and to play board games.  I love board games and I'm loving being able to play them with people who appreciate the strategy behind them - it's totally awesome.  We played Settlers of Catan which we first played with our friends Ann and Al in Seattle when we drove up the West Coast as part of our honeymoon (San Fran to Seattle & back and then flew to Hawaii).  It's a game filled with strategy and as with most games, some luck.  I had a great time Saturday night and kudos to Chris for the win.  In the end, his strategy worked the best!  Until next time... :)

Since the Blue Apron meals I ordered only serve 2, I asked my husband to make his specialty burgers.  It was so nice out that we ate on the patio.  The burgers were so delightful, that I would eat them every day.  Sami even had about half a small hamburger patty, sans bun and with ketchup and "yellow dip" (mustard if that wasn't obvious).  Something to keep in mind.  She's had it a couple times before, but refused it last time.  Good to know Sami, good to know!

Since we have the Blue Apron, I didn't meal prep this week.  The ingredients are so well packaged that it doesn't seem like it'll take me too long to prep them on whatever night I make them.  We'll see if I change my mind at the end of the week.  I'm hoping to write a full review on Friday, but thus far, I am pleased.  We had the beef & mushroom stew last night which was really good - but it really was 2 portions - no leftovers. 

I've been receiving promotional offers for meal delivery kits for what seems like a couple years now, but they've really amped it up in the past year.  I didn't realize how many different companies offer this service these days, but so far I'm impressed enough that I'll probably try a couple different ones.

Home Chef sounds like the one I might try next.  There's more meal options per week, and the recipes seem less gourmet than what Blue Apron has to offer.  This is just from viewing their options at a glance, so I don't really have a way of knowing until I make these recipes.

I thought for sure it would make my grocery shopping easier this week, since I only had to plan a couple meals including pizza for tonight, but I used the opportunity to go shopping while Sami napped, and bought her Easter goodies for her basket & Easter egg hunt in the house.  Plus some goodies for her classmates since I totally did nothing for Valentine's Day thinking the kids were too young and she ended up getting a bunch of Valentine's.  That felt like a huge #MomFail to me until I was happily surprised to hear that other parents didn't do anything either - phew!  And then I wanted to get something for her teachers... And then I needed paper products that we were low on... I swear, it cost me more than my usual groceries do.

That's what I get for shopping without a list!  #LessonLearned Next time I get Blue Apron, which I think is April 14th, I'm still making a list!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! What are you cooking this week?  Has anyone tried meal delivery kits that you like?


No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...