Monday, May 7, 2018

#MealPlanMonday: May 5-11 & adding healthy snacks


I hope you had a beautiful weekend, we absolutely did with the sunshine and warmth!  Here is this week's menu:

Pan-Fried Chicken (recipe from Blue Apron)
Burgers (Hubby's delicious burgers)
Nachos with pineapple salsa (making it sans pineapple bowl)

I managed to do my meal prep this weekend, as planned - fruit/vegetable prep on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.  Saturday's prep was more intense because I cut a lot of fruits and veggies.

You see I usually chop raspberries and strawberries every morning for Sami to bring to daycare.  Having done it Saturday, I just had to portion it out this morning and will do so the rest of the week. #Win.  I then cut up veggies for the salsa, for the quinoa recipe and for snacking.  

I've always struggled with eating a lot of vegetables but hopefully being on Remicade will make it so it doesn't cause me a lot of stomach issues.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I've attempted this in the past, but have had a few bad experiences.

All month, I'm going to have some cut up veggies with a dip (this week homemade tzaziki) for snacking at work or on the weekend.  I also decided I'd make some sort of salad I can snack on, or have as a side with lunch/dinner.  This should lead to smaller lunches/dinners - at least that's my theory.  

So you'll see that I added a section to my meal plan called "Snack for the week", and that will be my healthy snacking option so that I don't get overly hungry and then eat more than I should for lunch and/or dinner.

And then, I won't feel so guilty for having a chocolate bar here and there, or some chips :)

Added bonus, these healthy eating habits will hopefully rub off on my family and home life.  Perhaps Sami won't be eating these types of snacks in the near future, but it will help me reinforce the types of snacks she should have once she's old enough to understand the concept of healthy foods.  Here's to hoping anyway.  

We'll start with this month though because it's ambitious to think you can make a big lifestyle change  Having it on the meal plan is half the battle.  I'm more likely to do it than if I was just thinking about doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...