Thursday, March 29, 2018

Motherhood Through the Eyes of (insert name here)



Months ago I had a realization.  I know moms from every walk of life.  I know moms who are married, separated, single, divorced, younger, older.  I know moms who have lost a baby, lost a child, had miscarriages, adopted and fostered.  I know moms who have suffered through illness including cancer, or whose partner suffered through illness, moms who have lost a parent or both.  I know moms who work full time, part time, own their own business, are studying and who stay at home.  I know moms who have had home births, preemies, c-sections, and gave birth naturally.  I know moms who are surrounded by family, and others who live far away from one side of the family, or both.  I know moms from different cultures, countries and religions.

I feel blessed because every one of these moms shares experiences or thoughts which helps me through parenthood.  Their experiences and thoughts help me grow as a person and as a parent.  Through their struggles, I gain more appreciation for what I have, I see different perspectives of how to deal with what life has in store for me and my family.  Through their happiness, I smile, I dream about offering similar experiences to my child.  All these stories that I read through social media or that I hear about in person - they help me strive to having more balance in my life as a mom.  They inspire me to find the best way to help my daughter become her own person.

I feel compelled to repeat myself - I don't think there's one right way to go about everything.  Every person is unique, everyone learns and adapts differently.  Everyone feels differently about distinctive things. One of the goals for my blog is to offer my perspective because I feel like it's not the same as everyone's out there, and the more perspectives you have, the better you can make decisions.  At least, that's what I like to do - read and learn about different ideas and how people do things.

Knowing all these moms - whether it be through work, from my childhood and school years, from where my child goes to daycare, people I've met during the worst time of my life, or connections and friends I've made through the Internet - I feel like I have a unique opportunity to share even more perspectives, assuming they are willing participants of course.

I'm currently working on a questionnaire that I'm hoping to publish on the blog soon.  For those interested in sharing their story, you will be able to fill out as much or as little on the questionnaire as you would like and then email it to me.  I will then write up a post using your answers, and will have you pre-approve it before publishing it.

I've been racking my brain for a title for this series and I think I finally came up with Through the eyes of.  And as you fill out the questionnaire, you'll each decide how you want the title to end:

Motherhood Through the Eyes of Preston and Sami's Mama
or Motherhood Though the Eyes of P and S's Mama
or Motherhood Through Cat's Eyes

Something like that.  My goal is to give you as much anonymity as you want while giving you a place to tell your story.  Giving you the ability to share or release thoughts you are holding on to.  Give you a place to feel helpful if that's something you crave but aren't finding.

Some sample questions:

What do you like best about being a mom?  Do you have a different parenting style than that of your partners, and if so, how do you cope with it?  If you could change one thing, what would it be?  What are some of your favorite things your kids say?

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested.  If you want to remain anonymous and don't want to reply to the post, you can contact me via email: tsunaze1@gmail.com or via Facebook messages on my blog's Facebook page.  I've requested the name change, but it's still showing up as Cat's: The Working Mom for now.

Toodles everyone!  Wishing you a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...