Friday, April 27, 2018

My 5am-9pm & routine change

Saturday

We had a slight change to our routine on Saturday, Nan came to watch Sami swim!  I think she definitely saw progress since the last time she joined us.  As new kids join Sami's class, I'm so amazed to see how far she's come when I see little ones doing things for the first time.  And she's so much bigger.  When did this happen?

Picked-up my groceries again, yay!  Received my Blue Apron box, more yays!  And we had Chicago dogs for lunch - you can view our creations here (bottom of the page).

Later on we went to the park and then had a somewhat quiet evening.

Sunday

We took a trip to Target on Sunday.  I forget what we were going there for, but you can never leave Target without buying anything... or I generally can't.  Hubby tagged along this time, and we ended up spending way more than I usually do (makes me feel better about my shopping habits, lol).  We bought a PS4 for my hubby whose missing gaming, but doesn't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to it and who is frustrated with World of Warcraft at this point anyway.  Legacy servers where are you?

After Sami's nap, we went to visit our friends who have an almost 3 and almost 5 year old.  Sami had loads of fun with those boys, and we had a nice time catching up with our friends who we hadn't seen much of since the Superbowl.    We had a nice spaghetti dinner and hung out until it was almost time for Sami's bedtime.

Monday-Friday

Early last week, Sami started complaining that her front teeth were hurting.  She'd mentioned it maybe once last week too, so I made a dentist appointment which she had just this past Monday.  I'll talk more about the appointment next week, but she's fine.  Dentist said that sometimes that little flap of skin on top of you gums can easily get irritated and it did look like there was a little bump on it.  However, her bottom molars have pierced through and my guess is that's what has been bothering her.  She could have been pointing to her front teeth because tooth pain radiates, or she could have just been pointing to her mouth in general.

Monday night and most of Tuesday, we had horrific winds.  As I was heading out to lunch, I saw emails from Nextdoor.com which detailed a fire near my house.  It wasn't clear where it was so I called my husband to make sure he was ok - which he was.  Turns out the fire was about 3 blocks away from our house and the winds were so terrible that the fire jumped to other houses.  2 homes are completely destroyed - we went by this past weekend.  Devastating to see.  Another 5 homes had damage.  As far as I know, they haven't disclosed or found the cause of the fire.

As far as I can remember, I've been terrified of my house catching fire.  I had a few recurring nightmares as a child about it.  The only thing I can think of that would have caused me to have that nightmare in the first place is this cartoon that would play around Christmas time and there's a scene where someone leaves the iron on the ironing board, plugged in, and someone trips over the cord, or the cat does, and it falls on the ironing board and the whole place catches on fire with the cat stuck inside.  I'm assuming the cat is rescued because that'd be a horrible cartoon for kids, but I think that's where my fear stems from.  I feel so terrible for these families who have lost everything :(

On Wednesday, I had my Remicade treatment.  For the first time in what I feel is 3 years, it really got to me.  I was tired and I feel like I just started feeling less tired yesterday.

On Thursday, my husband had a genius idea after I got home from working late.  Sami had started falling asleep later like around 8:30, sometimes a little later which meant that I was finishing cleaning up closer to 9:30 than 9:00.  Starting last Thursday, I clean up before I start her bedtime routine.  Her bedtime routine has been moved back to 7:30 and she doesn't take over an hour to put to bed.  And when I'm done with the bedtime routine, I'm done for the night and can relax. :)  It's been great and totally worth it!



Stickers, stickers everywhere (that's our bedroom door)

It started with Mickey being in time-out for not listening, and then Minnie and the crab joined him too.  This is all her doing, after going to timeout earlier that evening for not listening..

Love this dress.  So cute, but her hair looks messy after daycare and sunscreen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My 5am-9pm: April 28 - May 4 & life with my toddler

Evidently I haven't been jotting notes down as I should because I've been getting my weekends mixed up!  I totally omitted writing a...